After spending four hours seaming Dolores, I realized how valuable it is to always follow these important techniques:
- Make sure the back side is EXACTLY the same length as the front side.
- Do not seam your sweater while sharing an entire bottle of chilled white wine with a girlfriend by the pool.
- Do not seam sweater while your sopping wet hair is dripping all over your yarn (see #2 above…just got out of the pool…), thereby preemptively blocking/felting sweater as you seam. #hugepain
Uh, triple whoops?
- Align increases and decreases from the front and back edges of work.
They were supposed to be in the same places?
- Only knit seamless sweater patterns. Seaming is a huge pain.
Now it all makes sense.